Friday, July 12, 2013

"Put a Girl in it"

Long time no blog, or shower.

Princess Charlotte turned 3 months old this week, so I thought it may be an appropriate time to revisit the blog, as we are all kinda on a normal schedule. 
Seriously though, she is an angel and the calmest, happiest baby, thus far.  We love love LOVE having a girl. All of us, but probably especially me.  She's a total doll and she loves to play dress up everyday, or hide from her brothers with Mommy and watch the Bachelorette. She's really cultured and versatile already.  She unfortunately is extremely sensitive to dairy, spicy foods, and beer (go figure).  So Mommy and Charlotte are all free of such foods and beverages at this time.  No fun at all, although I am pretty adjusted to my coconut milk drinking now.  Mostly only in coffee. 

Over the 4th of July weekend, I made the grave error in eating a quasadilla that Jenny whipped up for me, yes JENNY!  The Uebbing's visited us for 5 days during their magical US vacation.  It was sleep deprived and awesome.  Add in one incredibly gassy little infant and you've got yourself one heck of a party.  Here are some highlights:

All 6 cousins! 1 in utero, get it?
 We snapped a quick "all cousins line up in ascending order" pic before they left for the airport.  Obviously the three in the middle are triplets, as if I even need to tell you that.  My favorite part of this picture is that we took it on my in-law's couch, where we usually line up all the Hadro cousins.  I'm totally going to frame both sides of the family cousins now.

Daddy and uncle Dave went out and bought $50 worth of fireworks and set them off in the backyard.  Can you tell the kids are thrilled?  Look how they aren't scared at all!  I couldn't get over the cost, I literally thought fireworks were like, $5. Who knew?

JP is enthralled
 How could I leave out the after party meltdown?  "We want more, and we want more!" He made this chant/song up last year at the fireworks, so of course he taught his cousins to sing it this year as well. Poor guy didn't sleep much all weekend, so really, we knew this was coming.
Get that Daddy a beer.

Cousin love, these two were bffs from the very start.



Melt my heart, Godson.


 One more thing, I bought Charlie an Amber Teething Necklace.  Judge me all you want, but if it works the whole family is getting one, even the parents.  You never know what wonders can come from magical amber necklaces.  Stay tuned for that update.
What an attractive little...boy? Sorry son, but if it works, you're wearing it til high school.



That's all for now.  I have already wasted 40 minutes of my "Mikey is at summer camp, get your act together" free time. Must go!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite blogs. I can't stop laughing at your witty writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate! I'm so glad you enjoy it, and it's great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete